Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It's Okay...Don't talk to me for a year.

So....this is what I really don't get... How on earth can you be talking to someone and then they just act like it's okay to completely quit talking to you?

We'll call him James.

My first clue with James should have been that he was a baseball player. I think those always equal trouble, but he was so charming how could I resist.

He knew that I wanted to learn to a do a rubik cube so he told me he bought me one...needless to say I've never seen the thing. It should have been my first clue.

James and I spent the summer together hanging out when we could between our busy schedules. He was sweet, quiet...which was kind of annoying, but nice. I started becoming really bothered that we wouldn't go and do date type things. He always just wanted to sit around and watch movies. Not my cup of tea....I get too bored.

Talk started of him having to move a couple of hours away to take a coaching job. Which I was beyond thrilled for him. That's what he wanted to do! Then he started being weird and not calling. Well he LEFT, like MOVED away and didn't even tell me! I thought he was leaving 2 days later than he actually did. I was pretty ticked but I was thinking whatever...your loss!

Then, about a month later he calls me and apologizes for the way he acted and talked about how he freaked out and didn't know how to handle the long distance, etc.
Side Note: This should have been another clue as to how this whole ordeal was going to play out with him.

So we start talking again and he comes to the city to visit me a few different times and I decided to go up and see him. So I get up there and he doesn't want to do anything. He wants to sit around and order in dinner and watch baseball. Heck No! I drove all the way here to do something fun. Needless to say the night ended with him saying it wasn't going to work and me returning home to the city.

I then find out he's talking to a childhood friend of mine. WHAT AN IDIOT. Obviously he doesn't know that I'm Laura Poff and no EVERYONE! :) When I was questioned about the way he acted I sure did throw him under the bus. So the smart girls gets rid of him but he starts talking to me again.

Now, I know you're thinking Laura, Seriously...he's been SUCH a jerk to you, why do you keep talking to him? And honestly....I have NO clue. I think it's because he was charming and to an extent fun to be around and makeout with on occasion. But this time I TOTALLY had my guard up. And I told him I didn't trust him but he assured me this time was going to be different an it was. He called every night, he came down to see me, and it was fun...for awhile.

But then he end of January rolled around and he had come down to visit but I had to work. So, I spent a few hours with him before I had to go in and we texted all night and I told him to come by my apartment before he headed back. I went to sleep and woke up in the middle of the afternoon to no text, no call, no nothing. I thought it was weird so I tried calling him. No answer. I knew he had a meeting so I just figured it was still in it. Well later that night I tried calling again, No answer. Texting...no answer. I kinda became a little nervous because I was like CRAP! What if he's sitting on the side of the road somewhere? I have my roommates text...no answer! Finally we're able to talk to his best friend who's like yeah...I talked to him earlier today! WHAT THE HECK!!! How immature are you to not answer your phone when I call!!

I was done. And that was it. I was actually steaming because 1. what a jerk and 2. how could I have been so stupid to fall for his silly games.

Months went by and I never heard from him. I saw on facebook that he had a girlfriend and was happy for him. It wasn't until a month ago....almost a year and a half LATER that I got a facebook message from him apologizing for the way he treated me. Really dude? It took you a year to man up to that?

Oh well...James is just another stop in my crazy journey for Mr. Right! :)

3 comments:

  1. lol!!!! Oh dear. James has got some serious learning to do!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What funny is I just saw James just got engaged! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness he's engaged? I wouldn't be able to stand him! Not going out, just staying home no way!

    ReplyDelete