Monday, June 28, 2010

Plenty of Fish, Really?

This is another one of my favorites....actually it's hard to have a favorite when they're all so good! haha

So I sell Private Quarters...not like all the time but just whenever someone wants to buy something! It's fun beautiful bedding and I love curling up in! Here is my website if you want to look!

Anyways so I was at this craft show type thing trying to sell this bedding and this super nice lady was next to me so we just chatted back and forth with one another all day and I thought she was great! Towards the end of our time together she was like I know this could sound kinda random but how would you feel about dating at 30 year old. Now, I'm 24...that's only 6 years...not a huge difference. So I tell her I'm open for whatever. So she tells me about her son named Chris and he seems really sweet and has a great career, etc. And she was like I'm not going to force you to do anything but if you want to talk to him like on facebook you can.

So, I facebook him and we start messaging back and forth and he's really nice and he wanted to meet up for Starbucks and I was okay with doing that. Well before I even meet him he writes really stupid stuff like "Hugs through the computer Screen" And stuff like that and I'm thinking...okay, are we in Middle School?!? So I semi-blow him off one night but it wasn't fully intentional I just didn't know when we were meeting because it was like 11 and I was still in a movie! But then he starts being really pushy and annoying about wanting to meet up and I was just about done. Luckily I had a good excuse that I was going to be in Tennessee and Virginia for a long week with family.

The funny part came over Christmas while I was in Virginia! Christmas night I'm sitting around and I get a text message from him...I still have it on my phone it's that good! Here's how it goes: (What I'm thinking is in parenthesis.)
CHRIS: Hey Laura. this is chris from plentyoffish. i got ur number at some pt. haha. merry xmas
(um...what the heck is plentyoffish, is he trying to be funny)
ME: Merry Christmas to you too.
Chris: Hey! this is okstate. did we ever meet haha
(What on earth is is talking about? okstate? I hate OSU)
ME: No...we haven't met yet.
CHRIS: OH right ur poff. i didnt recognize this number. ha ha. hope ur havin fun in tennessee. :)
(WHAT? I don't understand how to he doesn't realize who I am)
ME: Thanks, I'm actually in Virginia but I go back to Nashville tomorrow.
CHRIS: haha ok u were next to someone in my contact list. i was thinkin who the crap is this. anyway now i know. later :) merry xmas
(still completely confused as to what just happened)
ME: Okay bye....

So, Imagine my confusion. Like I really have NO clue what just happened, I have no clue what plentyoffish is and I just done. So the next day I'm back in Nashville and my cousin summer and I are laying in bed talking and I start reading her these texts and we're like what a loser, seriously. So then we're like what is Plentyoffish?! We still don't know! So I google it. It's DEFINITELY an online dating site!!!!! I lose it. I am laughing so ridiculously hard I can't breathe! He thought I had met him on this site! hahaha SO then, we're like well maybe okstate is his username...DING DING DING. We were all sorts of correct! We spent the next 30 mins laughing/crying because it was so funny! Needless to say I haven't talked to Plentyoffish since then! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment