Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Because Sometimes we just need a good laugh

Well, here I am at 24 years old and never did I think that I would still be single, but I am. Not necessarily a bad thing but not always the best. But because I'm single I get to go on dates (usually not good) and experience lots of different things that you married people are lucky enough to not experience anymore. It has been brought up to me more than once that I needed to start blogging my dating stories because they are just too funny! So here at this blog I will keep track of those and hopefully use such good words that you can feel you were on each of these horrible dates with me! I'm even going back in time....that's where some of the best ones!

**Due to the fact some may know some of these people I will change names as needed.:)**

Today I'll start with one that is probably just one of my favorites!


At the start of my senior year Crystal was dating David. I hadn't dated anyone in a long time and she was just trying to help a sister out. David had a friend named Ryan coming in to town that weekend so Crystal thought it would be fun to go on a double date. No harm there, right?

So I planned it on the night that I was in charge of ice blocking, knowing that if it went out of control I had an easy out.

I was meeting them at Toby Keith's downtown. Well they come walking in and this guy I swear to you is not more than an inch taller than me. Now, that's saying a lot because I'm not very tall! Not only is he short he's like a square. He does body building so he's HUGE! (OH and he was a plumber.) So we sit down and we're eating dinner and this guy literately drinks 4-5 beers. I'm thinking my word dude...chill out, we haven't even been here an hour! So after dinner we go over to Marble Slab and I knew I had to be leaving soon...thank goodness. It wasn't a bad evening, just not all that enjoyable! So homeboy walks me to my car (that's nice) and asks for my number. Now I'm thinking I'll never see this guy so sure, you can have my number. I'm just too nice to say no. (I need to learn from mistakes.)
Anyways, he starts texting me ALL THE TIME. And I don't even really respond. It's more like "How's your day?" "Good." types of conversations. But then one day I get this RANDOM call from him and he's wanting me to delete his myspace. Why? Because he's still MARRIED!!!! His divorce wasn't finalized. Great. Crystal didn't know this piece of information prior to this date or else she wouldn't have put me through this hell! Then His insistent texting began to drive me crazy. I was thinking dude, do you honestly think I'm going to go out with you again leave me alone. Oh, that just made him mad. I received hateful messages and drunken phone calls accusing me of ridiculous stuff. Needless to say David took care of it and lost a friend(sorry about that), but it was for the best.
BUT stupid me....he won the world Duck Calling Championship last year and was featured on the front page of ESPN. How could I have been SO dumb do let that go? :)

This is the picture of him from ESPN. I thought you'd like to take a look at him. Too bad it's not the best picture!

2 comments:

  1. Bahahaha! You crack me up. Thanks for the laughs. He sure does look like a winner! Looking forward to reading about your adventures! I like your music choices as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freaking AWESOME post! I am laaaaughing so so so hard. This blog is a great idea for you because you have the most interesting dating life :)

    ReplyDelete