Friday, April 23, 2010

That Didn't Last Long

My next one we'll change his name even though you probably don't know him!
Heather, my boss at FT referred to him as One-Armed Matty.

Now, Matty went to SNU, he was a few years older than me in school but a lot of years older than me in life. He was 30 and I had just recently turned 22. This was all 2 summers ago.

Matty and I had many classes together while at SNU and reconnected through facebook. It had been a long time since I'd talked to him and we always got along really well. So, we started texting, talking...however you'd like to call it. He had told me about this accident in which had caused him to lose function of his arm...so sad.

So, the first time I saw him he brought me food out to a sleepover at good ol' Chick Fila. That was sweet because he didn't really have to do that. So he's sitting in the tent with friends and it's fine good conversation, whatever.

So the next week he asks me to go watch a movie at the Warren Theater! I'm pretty pumped because I haven't been there. Well....there ends up being an OU football game. Now, I don't care who you are but I am not giving up a football to go on a date...not happening so I tell him and he's like oh that's fine, maybe we can do something after the game. Great! So I go to the game (it's a night game) but it's late when I get home so we decided to do something the next weekend and that he would call me! Okay...that's cool!

So the next weekend rolls around and and I haven't heard from him (and I'm not one to text boys) so I go out to the lake with some friends and were hanging out and things like that and I don't have my phone. Well I get back and he's texted and called me so I text him back and say "Hey, I'm sorry, I didn't have my phone" and he sends me a message back saying, "You stood me up, Don't talk to me anymore."

Um...... Okay?! Needless to say I haven't seen or talked to Matty since then and I saw on facebook he had a kid and got married....best of luck to ya! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog. I'm honored - I truly am. Stay "tooned" for more. (Aren't I clever?) Tell the fam I said hi. Too bad, so sad for Matt. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete