Friday, April 30, 2010

You're Neat

Right now this could be the best of all...maybe it's because it's the most recent maybe it's because I was just so like "Who are you?" I had it on my regular blog back in January!

Monica set me up with this guy that she works with. From what she's said he seems nice and Katie met him and said he was nice so I thought I would give him a chance. He called me and went to get coffee and look at Christmas lights. It was an alright time except I noticed he kept saying the word NEAT alot. I'm a pretty confident person and so I thought maybe he was just nervous and so he didn't really know what else to say.

So, I give homeboy another chance. He wanted to go eat at Mama Roja on the lake. It was sweet....he listened when I said I like Mexican food.

Well he comes to get me and I'm just NOT wanting to. It's the National Championship football game, and I just knew I wasn't going to dig him and alot had happened within the week that I just didn't want to go. He comes to the door and while there's nothing wrong with this, it's just not me. He was dressed in pressed jeans, a button up tucked in polo shirt and really ugly shoes. Just too preppy for me. I'm a t-shirt and jeans kinda girl.

So we get in his car and it kinda smells like smoke which is turn off number 1.
We don't even make it out of the neighborhood and he's already used that dreaded word NEAT. I loathe that word now. By the time we made it to Mama Rojas he said it 4 times....it was going to be a long dinner.

At dinner he ORDERED MY FOOD FOR ME. Excuse neat boy but I'm pretty sure I can order my own enchiladas, thanks. Now, I realize that can be so sweet but in my book that was another independent line that was crossed. The whole dinner bored me to TEARS!!! I was just thinking can we hurry this along so I can watch the football game? The most interesting point in the night was when he told me he knew Natasha....she works at the pool hall he goes to. haha


So, he drives me home and is awkwardly like "Is is bad if I don't walk you to the door" (It was 10degrees outside) but I'm thinking please stay there I cannot be around you for one more second so I literately jump out of the car.

Now, I'm sure you're dying to know how many times he said the word NEAT?!?!? Any guesses. 10! I was with him for an hour and a half and he said it 10 times and even through in a Neato. What 28 year old man says Neato? I mean come on.

Needless to say I turned him down when he asked me to go to a Thunder game and haven't talked to him since. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment